Economic History of the Choose Yourself Era
Old corporate area is in the past and you need to reconstruct your current standards with a more individualistic shape (not selfish)
Human beings are born pioneers, the rise of corporatism forced people to into cubicles.
Have you wondered why the stock market didn’t just keep going down (after 2008 crisis). Because I moved to Wall Street in early March 2009.
...So I did the only thing I could do: I woke up early one morning in early March and bought a bag of chocolates. Small Hershey’s chocolates, like you hand out on Halloween. At around 8 a.m., I stood outside the entrance of the New York Stock Exchange and started handing out chocolates to everyone walking inside. People would be staring at their feet like zombies as they walked in, but 100 percent of the time, they would stop, look up, take the chocolate, and they would smile.
If you are doing a shitty job you’re a temp. guy forever? Sorry for the rudeness but it’s like that, like Naval always says. if you’re doing something trainable, they’ll make you train another person and replace you.
In every single industry, the middleman is being taken out of the picture, causing more disruption in employment but also greater efficiencies and more opportunities for unique ideas to generate real wealth.
How to Choose Yourself?
Only Do Things You Enjoy
Only think about the people you enjoy. Only read the books you enjoy, that make you happy to be human. Only go to the events that actually make you laugh or fall in love. Only deal with the people who love you back, who are winners and want you to win too.
Every time you say yes to something you don’t want, your fire starts to go away.
You need to implement a daily practise which aims to gain better physical, emotional, mental, spritual health.
- Get up early.
- Eat healthy.
About annoying people
Acknowledge that the person is driving you crazy. You can’t suppress that. But with observation, the pain will begin to wither. And the less you engage with the person, the less overall effect that person will have on you.
You can’t be beautiful unless you get rid of the ugliness inside.
Try to be quiet
Instead of speaking the average 2,500 words a day that most people speak, it would be nice for me to speak just one thousand words a day when possible. This forces me to carefully choose my words and who I engage with.
Tire your brain
When you surrender and accept the beautiful stillness around you, when you give up all thoughts of the past, all worries and anxieties of the future, when you surround yourself with similarly positive people, when you tame the mind, when you keep healthy, there is zero chance of burnout.
When you catch yourself upset about the past or worried about the future , say to yourself , “ Ah , I’m time traveling , ” then STOP . That’s what meditation is .
Simple Daily Practice
- Sleep eight hours.
- Eat two meals instead of three.
- No TV.
- No junk food.
- No complaining for one whole day.
- No gossip.
- Return an e-mail from five years ago.
- Express thanks to a friend.
- Watch a funny movie or a stand-up comic.
- Write down a list of ideas. The ideas can be about anything.
- Read a spiritual text. Any one that is inspirational to you. The Bible, The Tao te Ching, anything you want.
- Say to yourself when you wake up, “I’m going to save a life today.” Keep an eye out for that life you can save.
- Take up a hobby. Don’t say you don’t have time.
- Write down your entire schedule. The schedule you do every day. Cross out one item and don’t do that anymore.
- Surprise someone.
- Think of ten people you are grateful for.
- Forgive someone. You don’t have to tell them. Just write it down on a piece of paper and burn the paper. It turns out this has the same effect in terms of releasing oxytocin in the brain as actually forgiving them in person.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Read a chapter in a biography about someone who is an inspiration to you.
Finding Your Purpose in Life
- KFC became a chain when the owner (Colonel Sanders) was 65
- Stan Lee created Marvel Universe when he was 44
- Never too late?
It Doesn’t Cost a Lot to Make $1 Billion
In an interview with Forbes she (Sara Blakely) said
I feel like money makes you more of who you already are. If you’re an asshole, you become a bigger asshole. If you’re nice, you become nicer. Money is fun to make, fun to spend, and fun to give away.
Becoming an Idea Machine
An idea is too big if you can’t think of the next step. Every day, read/skim chapters from books on at least four different topics.
Don’t Have Opinions
I’m trying to eliminate things. Not just material belongings I no longer need or never really needed to begin with, but all those things we’ve been taught from birth are “important” or “our way of life” that have actually become burdens and wastes of time because we cling to them and protect them like they are more precious than the time and energy we waste protecting them.
There are 7 billion people on the planet. The guy who disagreed with you is one of them. Good luck finding him.
- Nobody is ever going to change his mind
- One hundreds year from now, everyone reading this book will be dead
- Why educate people?
- YOU COULD BE READING A BOOK
How to be Less Stupid
- I figure I lose at least 20 percent of my intelligence when I am resentful.
- Maybe 30 percent if I throw feelings of revenge on top of it.
- I saw that regret was taking at least 60 percent of my intelligence away. I couldn’t afford it.
- Extra talking probably takes away at least 15 percent of my intelligence.